Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Your Grandma's Cucumber Sandwiches


I thought about naming this post "Not Your Grandma's Cucumber Sandwiches".

But that would just be a lie.  And I don't lie about cucumber sandwiches.

It's gotten prettyyy warm out there, which means I am more than reluctant to turn on my stove.  And that's fine, because there are sooo many good veggies in season that are amazing raw!

Like cucumbers!  Do you see where I'm going with this?

Everyone has their own way of making these, but I learned from my grandma.  And she will tell you that her way is the "right" way.  Just like her way of making taco salads is the "right" way.  God forbid you put the onions on top of the lettuce, you will never hear the end.  I digress...

Spread half an ounce of cream cheese on a piece of bread and sprinkle with plentyyy of dill!  Then top with about six cucumber slices.  Then top with... you guessed it... more dill!  And that's it.  Perfect to pack in a lunch!


I've been addicted to them for the last two days.  Literally I've eaten them for every meal.  And when I called my grandma to tell her I was eating the cucumber sandwiches she introduced me to, her only response was "Did you put dill on them?"

Thank goodness I did or I would have never heard the end of it.


What are your summer sandwich favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment