Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Runner is Born... For Real this time.

Whassuppp my few readers!


You see that check mark? 

See it?

SEE IT?!

I told you I would start today!  And I did.

And, yes, I circled run.  Because I ran the whole thing.  And I am proud of myself!  I can't say I've run a whole three miles before, I've always had to take walking breaks!  It wasn't my longest run or my fastest run... but I beat my average.  And that's got to be worth something right?  Right.



It's so true what they say, the scariest step is the first one out the door.   Taking on something like this is super intimidating to me because, like I said, I'm not good at it.  And I did it in front of people.  Eeek!

But what you really have to do is just look at it as something you have to do that day.  Something to check off your list.

Once you get going, it's difficult to find your stride.  I got to a comfortable pace, but felt like I was going soooo slowww.  

Then I realized, it doesn't matter.


And I just kept telling myself that I'll get better.  
I'll get stronger.  I'll get faster.  I'll go longer.

It's all a matter of committing myself to this journey.

I'm my own project, and my best project.

Any running tips are appreciated :)  Leave them in the comments section!


No comments:

Post a Comment