Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Shout-out to creeps

I just wanted to take a second out of my day to give a shout out to the creep that cut my car's sensor and stole my catalytic converter.

And also to the tow truck driver that asked me to dinner about eleven times.

That sounds pretty conceited, and I don't mean it to be.  I'm sure the majority of women can agree that it's flattering to know when someone thinks you are attractive, but there is also an appropriate time and way to make that known.

People in this city get so offended when it's referred to as "the mistake on the lake", but their character does nothing to suggest anything else.

And I know, I know, I know what you're going to say.  Something to the effect of "don't let a few bad apples be the basis for your opinion" or "it's the same as any other city".  But it is so hard to maintain that mentality when it seems like every other day someone follows me to my car in the grocery store parking lot, approaches me for money at the gas station, steals something from me, or calls me "baby" in the cafeteria.

And this girl has spent her fair share of time in Chicago and Indianapolis and never been hassled as much as I have been here.

One of these days I'm going to ask what the success rate is with that kind of approach.  I'm genuinely curious to see if it works.

People of CLE... prove me wrong! I'm begging you!


No comments:

Post a Comment