Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

Lightened-Up Blackberry Cheesecake


I have a confession.

I love cheesecake.

Turns out it's kind of bad for you.

BUT... Did you know.... That Jello makes a sugar free fat free cheesecake flavored mix?

Okay, so it's not exactly "clean".  Sue me for not wanting an entire cheesecake temptation sitting around my apartment.  Tempted: Party of one.

And don't give me that "put it in the freezer" bull.  I'd eat that glorious creamy goodness frozen, melted, or anywhere in between.

You know what people like Sleeved in the City are doing with those Jello packets?  Mixing them with a 16 oz tub of greek yogurt for a faux cheesecake filling.  You can do anything with that stuff I tell ya.

Now.  It's not quite the real deal. It has a little bit of that greek yogurt tang in it.  But I can imagine a splash of vanilla would cut that down, and the fruit does too!

Here's what you need:
  • 1 packet of sugar free fat free cheesecake flavored Jello
  • 16oz tub of nonfat plain greek yogurt (I used 2 and a half of the 6 oz containers)
  • 1 reduced fat graham cracker crust (or you can use the minis for perfect portions!)
  • 4 oz blackberries
Warning: this is super easy.

Like so easy I can't believe I'm even bothering to explain it.

Mix together the greek yogurt and Jello packet.
Sorry these pictures are so dark.  It was raining.  Just like every weekend in this city.

This stuff gets reaallyyy thick!




Put it in the crust!


Wash your blackberries and gently dry with paper towel.


Put 'em on top of that cheesecake!
...by the way the sun came out. can you tell? No fancy lights here folks.  We are operating grad school-style!



Yum.  Refrigerate and enjoy!  Or enjoy right away!


This makes about eight servings, nutrition facts are as follows, courtesy of MyFitnessPal:


Yes I wrote this after midnight.  You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment