Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

A Runner is Born

So.  I've been thinking.

Which is dangerous.

But this time I think it's good.

A couple months ago I was out of bed Mama Laughlin style at 4:30 to hit the gym EVERY morning.  But I've really been slacking.  And I want to work toward a goal.  I think I get off track because I need more structure.  I need something like a project that I can work on in my spare time.  

I've never been much of a runner... probably because growing up I never had anywhere to run.  Except in tractor paths.  But one ankle twist pretty much cured me of that.

Then it dawned on me.

I hate doing things I'm not good at!

I'm slowly realizing and accepting that I can't be good at everything right off the bat.  So I'm going to start running.  Until I'm good at it.  And maybe when I'm good at it, I'll enjoy it!



I have no intention of running a marathon or anything crazy like that.  Maybe someday I'll change my mind, but running for hours and hours on end just doesn't sound like a motivating goal for me.  For now, I'm going to aim for a half, but since a 5k is challenging, I'll be happy if this plan gets me past that point.

I'd really love it if anyone wants to do it with me!  Friend me on MyFitnessPal or follow me on Bloglovin' by clicking the button at the right and leave your updates in the comments section!

I'll start next week and use this plan from Fitness Magazine.  Just click the "download the training plan here" link to open the .pdf file.  They also have tons of other useful tips for runners you can find while browsing their site!

I plan to post regular updates and motivation here!  Wish me luck and I hope you join me!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment