Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Easy Black Bean Brownies




What if I told you that you can make those easy, quick mix brownies with no eggs and no oil... just beans.

BEANS?!

You heard me.  Beans.  Black ones.
All you need are two things:




Yup.  That's it.  A 15 oz can of black beans and a box of brownie mix.  They're easier and way healthier than normal brownies.

They're awesome (and cheap) to take to a last-minute gathering.  Nobody will be able to tell the difference.  Nobody.  And if they can they are freaks.  And freaks don't deserve brownies.  NO. 

Seriously though, I brought them to my sorority house this weekend, and everyone loved them.  However, I didn't realize they'd had Mexican food for dinner, so after I told them there were beans in them... they felt a little full of beans.  My bad, ladies.  Lots of fiber for all!

Start by pureeing a can of black beans.


Sorry that's such an ugly picture.  Ignore that as well as the fingerprints on my Cuisinart blender.  It is well-loved.  Never leaves my counter.  Well, it's not really a counter.  I digress...

Blend your beans until they look like a bean smoothie.

 
Smooooooth.

Then, just mix the pureed can of beans with the box of brownie mix until well-combined with as few lumps as possible.







Yummm.  Please resist the urge to plunge your face into the bowl and eat the batter... a little because that's messy but a lot because an entire can of beans has a lot of fiber.  Use with caution.

Next, grease a 9x13 glass pan.


Sorry that the sun was going down.  Sue me.

Pour the batter into the pan.



As you can see, it's a little lumpy.  No big deal.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes, or until set in the middle.  The nice thing about these is that it's easy to tell when they're done at a glance.

Because they look like this:


Cut into 16 squares.



Enjoy!



If you cut this recipe into 16 squares, the nutrition content is as follows courtesy of MyFitnessPal:


No comments:

Post a Comment