Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

A runner is... bored.

I told you it would happen.  I get all hyped up about running and then I just get... bored.  I've repeated week 1 for the last few weeks (yes, I know I fell off the planet, but I have actually been working out).  

It's not that it's too hard.  I actually do think I like running a lot more now than previously, now that I know I can do it.  It's just that I can't do the same thing five days a week.  Blast.

Also, I found that while I used to like to run on the treadmill... I now despise it.

I learned that I CAN run.  And I will continue to, maybe just not with this exact training plan.  More on occasion and less of a structured schedule.

I blame Pinterest.

After all, I was perfectly content with running until I found all of these other great exercises and pinned them to my fitness board.

I'm more motivated by strong, toned women.  Sure, these women can run a few miles here and there, but they don't limit their training to one exercise.

I know it sounds like I'm making excuses...  but truly, it's not good for your body to stick to one thing all the time, right?  Part of my degree is in fitness and I'm asking that legitimate question... feel free to answer.  

I miss the classes at my gym.  I love cycling, hips, buns and thighs, and I'm itching to try yoga after one 30 minute video. 

Okay, people.  I'm done trying to justify the fact that I don't feel the need to run more than a few miles at a time.  I'd love to work up to five.  Beyond that... long hair don't care.

On that note, I no longer have long hair.  Chopped it while I was home.


I know, you can't even tell.  It was six inches longer, but nobody even noticed when I came back.  A sign your hair was tooo long!

Oh yeah, I went home last week.   Took off work Wednesday to Monday and enjoyed some time with the family celebrating the life of a great man I had the privilege of calling grandpa.  

I even made this super unhealthy but super delicious fruit tart!  Recipe here. There are no step by step pictures, but the directions are all you need.  Just make sure to use frozen butter and keep the dough as cold as possible to allow for maximum flakiness!  Also, don't roll it too thin or the juice will seep out.  Oops!  Sorry for the phone picture... It was all I could do before everyone dug right in!  Seriously amazing and easy.


This basically concludes a recap of what I've been up to for the last few days. 


No comments:

Post a Comment